Friday, October 8, 2010

Still Here

Hello out there! I know it seems like forever since I've posted, and I really am sorry.
I've been down (emotionally, physically) because of my leg pain.
It comes and goes. One day I think I'm totally cured and I run.
The following day bites me hard on my butt.
I'm so tired of being in pain.
I'm so close to just wrapping my leg and continue running with the pain (like I've been doing since May).
Okay, I'll listen to you and everyone here and not do that.
I'm so frustrated.
I just want to run regularly and maintain my weight loss.
It has been almost a month and a half since I've run regularly.
I've been running once or twice a week and then the pain kills me on  the following days.
I've cancelled my 10K race in November. I might do the 5K, but I'm not sure.
I have been referred to see a sports therapy/kinesiologist/chiropractor next week.
I've heard from my hubby's ultra marathoner friend that the doctor is amazing.
I can't wait to get started with my recovery.
To those of you who are total champs and keeping up with your "Get healthy" journeys, I'm proud of you.
To those of you who keep checking up on me, THANK YOU. I'm not giving up. I'm still here.
I'm not running right now, so I have cut down on my food intake.
I'm working with free weights for upper body and abs.

I'll see you all here again after my doctor visit. Thanks!

2 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

HEYYYYYYYY! Great to hear from you, I missed ya,, I really hope that everything works out and that you are back to running again. Take Care.

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear from you! I can understand your frustration. Someone said something to me a few weeks back that hit me like a ton of bricks. She said" taking care of your health is the best thing you can do for yourself". And she is right. I was saying how I was avoiding the drs because i dont care for them and they dont help. blah blah. She made me realize that I should do just the opposite. Be my own advocate so I can get better and be healthy.

I am glad you are seeing another dr. You should. And see 100 of them until you feel you are in good hands and have a good plan of action in place. That is my new mindset :)

Jennifer