Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brrrrr


Yesterday I saw a really cute way I could stay warm during my early morning runs.
I may be a wimp to some or maybe all of you when I admit this, but here it goes.

I don't like being outside in super cold weather when I have to run.

Two days ago, it was 36 degrees for my first run this week.
Yesterday, it was 33 degrees. Yes, I braved it.
Here is what I wore.
long sleeve tech shirt that wicks away sweat



pink Nike fleece hoodie

fleece lined pants

knit gloves


knit hat


Every part of my body was warm within ten minutes of running except for my head, neck, and hands.

So here is what I'm contemplating on getting.
It's called the Original Buff Headwear.

Here is its description from Planet Buff.
The ORIGINAL BUFF® is a multifunctional tubular microfiber accessory that can be used for many different activities in both cold weather as well as hot weather. Our unique product will keep you warm while it is cold out, while wicking moisture and keeping them cool when it is hot out. Our lightweight, breathable and moisture wicking material not only is wind resistant, but is extremely comfortable to wear. The more you wear it, the softer your ORIGINAL BUFF® will get.
The ORIGINAL BUFF® can be worn as a neckerchief, headband, wristband, mask, hairband, balaclava, scarf, hair scrunchy, saharine, pirate cap, beanie and bandana.


Here are the three designs I'm looking at.




Which one should I get?

I'm also contemplating on getting running gloves. Mine just don't keep me warm at all.

2 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

I like the black and white one. You could also try a neck warmer. Running gloves are also a great idea . I know that they have ones for different levels of cold, but that might just be herein Canada where it gets so cold good luck and keep on running!

cathiexox said...

Pink!