Monday, January 3, 2011

Snow?!?!

It snowed here.
Today.
I woke up at 6 a.m. ready to run.
I go outside, and this is what I saw.


Okay, so this is an exaggeration.
And it's not my yard.
Although it might as well have been.
It snows in the valley about every few years, and of course it hits
the same time I've been itching to run.
It would've been fine if the ground wasn't too wet.
I'm just too clumsy, and I'm sure I would've slipped and fallen flat on my bum.
I was so upset that I tried to pick a fight with my hubby about me not having a gym membership to one of the clubs that has an indoor running track.
I hate the treadmill, and I'm not allowed to run on it anyway.
He says to me, "Why not go on the elliptical?."
I gave him a look.
We've had this convo before.
I HATE the elliptical. Mostly because it's inside, and I've become a lover of breathing somewhat fresher air.
I say "somewhat" because I live in a city full of cars. It's not exactly mountain air I'm breathing outside.
It is outdoors though, and running outside keeps me sane.
You know that shirt that says, "Running is my therapy?"
Well... in my case... it really is.
The stresses of being a stepmother to a couple of very challenging kids, my husband's every now and then not-so-nice remarks about anything, and being a mommy to twin toddlers can take a toll on me.
In short, I need to run.

What's your "therapy?"

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I find running is good for stress too. And just like you I dont like the treadmill much. I DO have a membership to the gym and while I used it all of the time when I first got it, I barely ever go now.. I would much rather run. I live in Ny and it snows here all the time. The other day it was 40 and I totally would have run if I werent sick! Figures right? I probably wont see a heat wave of 40 again until March or so.

Jennifer

MissHaneefa said...

I here you and I am sorry that you didn't get to run today. You could try and go out on the snow, you just have to be careful.
As for my therapy I love exercise in general. All the best!