Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where Have I Been?


Where have I been?
I've been hanging out at my mom's house since Thursday, and I've been running errands.
I'm so sorry that I haven't posted about my fabulous life. Oh yes... fabulous! I just finished cleaning up an ocean of Apple Jacks cereal and milk spilled on the twins' table and chairs, not to mention especially the floor. Oh yeah, let's not forget the overnight diapers I had to change!
Twin Boy has been sleeping successfully on his toddler bed while Twin Girl has been climbing out of her crib because of pure jealousy. The solution? A toddler bed for Twin Girl.
I bought one for Twin Girl on Thursday, and to my wonderful surprise one of my best girlfriends offered me her son's toddler bed. The only stipulation was that I hand it over to her sister once she starts having kids. That'll be at least a couple of years, since she just got married and isn't interested in getting pregnant anytime soon!
How lucky was that?

I ran 3.68 miles on Friday, and boy was it hard.
I've been recuperating and healing up my shin splints (by the way, they still hurt). I think I'm just being stubborn about going to my doc for help. I know he'll tell me to stop running for a couple of weeks and probably even send me to a PT. It was SUPER HOT on Friday. I looked at the forecast before I ran at 7 a.m., and it said it was 84 degrees. To some of you, that might be nice enough. However, for me... it was dreadful. It was also humid. I drank half my water (20 ounces) before I was at 2 miles. There wasn't a lot of shade, and the sun was unforgivable. I went home and saw just how hot it was. I got a serious tan on my arms and legs. I think my run would've been more enjoyable if I had gone earlier. Why did I go so late, you ask? Well, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday to do some church stuff- basically didn't get enough sleep. Then on Thursday, I woke up at 6 a.m. I didn't get to bed early enough the night before. I've learned through some reading and personal experiences that you have a better run when you get a good night's sleep two nights before. Believe me, it's true. So if you're super excited the night before your race and can't fall asleep... don't worry. It's the sleep two nights before that realy counts!

Yesterday I was bad and had white rice. I thought I was over it, but I'm not. I woke up this morning feeling bloated. I'm not used to eating it anymore. I really need to have it once a week or even less and just enjoy it without the guilt. Starting Monday I'll be recommitting myself by way of eating healthier and training.

I've posted my training before, but I've changed this up a little.

Monday:  3.5 mile run, upper body
Tuesday:  Insanity or bike ride and corework
Wednesday:  3.5 mile run, upper body
Thursday:  Insanity or bike ride and corework
Friday:  5 mile run, upper body

Have a happy and healthy weekend!


Jennifer said...

You know...I think you are right! I barely slept last night because my daughter was up sick, and I still bravely went for a run tonight. I felt like a rockstar even though I didnt sleep well last nigh. But two nights ago I actually slept great and the hubs even let me sleep in yesterday morning(I am sure you know how awesome this is when you have kids!!!). Great to know! Thanks for sharing that. Its funny(and I think I am even going to blog about it tonight) how some days a run is easy and others we are dogging it like we have never run before. And it is those runs that I think make me unsure before I run.

Thanks for your advice about the 5k on my blog.


CC said...

congrats on the toddler bed! score!!

your pictures are looking great! what an incredible change. very inspiring!