Thursday, June 3, 2010

At the Track


Last night I went with my friend "B" (who is an awesome runner and pro, by the way)
to her gym to run in the indoor track.
Oh. My. Gosh.
I loved it!
I would join this gym and pay the stinkin' monthly fee only to run on it for 6 months out of the year.
Six months because it's WAY too hot to run outside in the summer
and WAY too cold to run outside most of winter.
I ran 4 miles and enjoyed the "high."
She is a much faster runner than me.
She has been running for a few years, and let me tell you she has the legs to prove it.
She has a 6 month old baby, and she's a great role model for those new mommies out there who want to get fit.
I admire her and her love for the sport.
Maybe one day I could be as inspirational to others as she is to me.

Today's Food and Activities
30 minutes on stationary bike
30 minute walk on treadmill
(cross training day)
upper body with free weights
3/4 cup Cheerios, 1/2 cup nonfat milk
7 almonds
1 multigrain eng. muffin, 6 slices turkey deli, tomatoes, 1 TBS BB spread, basil
7 almonds
grilled chicken breast and veggies

Love yourself a little more today!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow now that is one nice running track. I understand about the heat. I live in Mississippi and it is already in the 90's here.

LeeLee said...

That track does look nice and soon you'll be just as good as your friend! Just keeping on Pushing!