Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oh... Now I Do Like It



So last night I missed the monthly "Girls' Night Out."
It was actually a game night.
My husband had to go to a meeting for that camp-out he's going to with HIS son.
It really sucks.
I really needed to be out.
No one understands the place I'm in.
Whoa is me... ugh... okay.
I'm done.

I'll just have to make a couple of fun trips on Saturday.
Maybe a trip to the craft store?
Maybe a trip to a frozen yogurt place?
We'll see.

Today's Food and Activities
30 minute walk
30 minute bike ride
upper body with weights
1 cup Kashi, 1/2 cup nonfat milk
7 almonds
2 slices multigrain bread, 6 slices turkey deli,
grilled pork and onions, 1/2 cup brown rice, grilled veggies
1 apple

Yesterday's run was uplifting.
I really can't believe that I started running by walking.
Crazy, but true.
I hope those of you who have never liked running is willing to try it again.
It has really been a "God-send" to me, my life, and my weight loss.

What activities have you disliked in the past but now enjoy in your weight loss journey?

Thanks for sticking with me!

3 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

Lifting weights

MissHaneefa said...

I read this and I thought of you. It is from Jullian Micheal's (Bigegst Loser) website:


How to Take Off Those Last 10 Pounds
You know what I like to call those last 10 or 15 pounds that won't come off no matter what you do? Vanity pounds.

The term describes our desire to lose weight that, as far as our bodies are concerned, actually feels healthy. Today's society pressures us to want to look a certain way, so for aesthetic reasons we try to be thinner than our bodies want us to be. Personally, I have gained and lost the same 8 vanity pounds more times than I care to admit.

Losing your first 50 pounds might have been tough, but believe me, dropping those final few stubborn pounds is a whole different challenge. The body struggles to hold on to that last bit of fat for survival purposes.

Now, don't get me wrong — you can lose the weight if you want to, but it will require you to muster a tremendous amount of restraint and willpower. If you're really up for it, do the following for 30 days:


1.Cut your sodium to 1,000 mg a day.
2.Drink at least 80 ounces of water daily.
3.Cut out processed foods.
4.Abstain from alcohol.
5.Train at 85 percent of your MHR (maximum heart rate) for 1 hour 5 times a week.
You can do a lot in 30 days — in fact, I can pretty much guarantee you will lose at least 5 pounds. And you'll feel like a rock star!

Good Luck!

LeeLee said...

Great Info Miss H!!! I will remember this when I'm at my last 10 to 8lbs....Oh SHNAP I'm already there I better get on it!! So taking in 1000mg od sodium in a day does that mean eating fruits, veggies & lean meats?

M, you are really doing great! *lbs left you have come a long way! I'm so proud of you! You can get this last few pounds off! You got this!