Monday, June 21, 2010

Dig Deep


I had to dig deep for motivation to get out of bed, get dressed, get on the treadmill, and run 4.5 miles this morning at 6:30 a.m.

Why?

I know exactly why.

I got very little sleep this weekend because of the twins' bday party preparations.
I got very little sleep this weekend because of late-night conversations.
My in-laws stayed at my house from Friday afternoon until Monday.
One of my stepkids was a total nightmare- we're talking major attitude,
talking back, disobeying me and hubby, and crocodile tears when she didn't get her way.
My mother-in-law is such a sucker for her antics. Me and my
hubby got into it after the bday party on Saturday in front of his parents, but he realized how much of a brat she was being by Sunday and reprimanded her in front of his mother.
On top of all this I think I caught my hubby's cold.
My breathing was a little stressed.

All in all I had an okay run.
I struggled, but I didn't quit.
I actually ran a little more than 4.5- totally accidental because I put the towel over the treadmill's controls and forgot what time I started running.

Saturday was an awesome day.
I weighed myself, and it said that I lost 1 pound.
I'm sooo happy and relieved!
I think my weigh-ins are going to go well for now because I increase my running miles every week.

I was just thinking as I drove home from the clubhouse after my struggled run that I used to struggle running for 2 minutes.
I've really come a long way, and I need to remember that.
I need to appreciate how much better I have become physically.

I bet you've become better at many things (physically and mentally) since you started your journey to health. I hope you appreciate your successes and remember them when you have to dig deep.


Have a happy and healthy day!





2 comments:

LeeLee said...

I'm sorry to hear you are having family drama with your step kids. I hope things go smoother for the rest of their visit.

On a good note I want to congratulate you on your weight loss. It's so hard to get a good loss in when you are so close to goal! So, keep up the hard work!!!

I am so inspired by you and your running! You have really made me push through at times when all I wanted to do was quit, so thank you for that!!!

MissHaneefa said...

Congratulations!Looks like you are doing everything right! Pat on the back for dealing with your step daughter.