Thursday, February 4, 2010

Packing and More Packing

Last night, I thought I was doing so great with my meals. I wasn't even really hungry for dinner, so I only finished half of it. I was craving popcorn, and so I went into the pantry and popped what I thought was MY light popcorn. My husband also wanted popcorn, but he doesn't like the "light" version. He asked me where HIS was, and I told him it was on the top shelf. Nope. I was wrong. His was on the second shelf, and mine was on the top shelf. All this time (4 weeks) I've been eating the "EXTRA BUTTER" version. Oh crap. Oh well. I've been losing weight, so I guess last night (and also the last ever) mistake is okay. It won't happen again. I was wondering why it was so salty! I felt like such a dork. My husband got a kick out of it. So this morning, my stomach still felt a little full from the popcorn. Or maybe it's just my brain feeling the guilt. I guess that's what happens when you don't completely clean out your pantry of the "bad" stuff. It just made watching "LOST" that more fun, I guess. Yes, we're "LOST" fans, but we're so excited it's going to be over soon. It's kind of hard really to clean out your pantry when you have a husband who isn't eating like you. Other than that, he's actually pretty supportive. He enjoys the "Tuesday Feasts" we've been having. So far, we've had Thai, sushi, and a buffet. I'm skipping the feast on Feb. 9th because I'm saving it for Feb. 13th. That's our V-day dinner. I still don't know where we're going. I like surprises, and if you're like me who doesn't splurge a lot on stuff (shopping, girly stuff), then you'd ask your husband/boyfriend to keep it a surprise until you get to the restaurant.
It just occured to me that I'm not as cranky as I've been (the past years) when I've changed my eating. I used to get really hungry, cranky, and anxious. I think I'm better now because I've made my meal planning easy. Yes, I eat basically the same things for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I think doing that has made me less anxious and nervous about a couple of things:
*When am I going to eat?
*What can I eat?
I think "planning" has been one of my success factors.
I've been packing for about 3 days now. We're going out of town, and it takes a lot of planning to pack for my twins. I pack everything from pack n' plays, blankets, clothes, medicines, food, sippy cups, and even high chairs. I was smart when I registered for baby stuff and got portable high chairs that attach right onto regular kitchen chairs.
I told you that I was nervous about my meals when I found out we were going out of town. I think I've fixed that problem. I'm packing some granola mix for breakfast and lowfat soups for lunch. Here's my plan:

Friday
Breakfast:  2 corn tortillas, 1 cheese square, 1 oz. roast beef
Snack:  14 almonds
Lunch:  2 corn tortillas, 1 cheese square, 1 oz. roast beef

Snack: 14 almonds
Dinner:  Applebee's WW menu:  Paradise Chicken Salad
Dessert:  1 WW cake

Saturday
Breakfast: granola mix

Snack: 7 almonds
Lunch: lowfat soup, 5 crackers
Snack: 7 almonds
Dinner: mother-in-law's dinner (small portion)

Sunday
Breakfast: granola mix
Snack: 14 almonds
Lunch: Applebee's Cajun Lime Tilapia
Snack: 14 almonds
Dinner: grilled chicken and rice

Today's Menu
Breakfast: 2 corn tortillas, 1 cheese square, 1 oz. roast beef
Snack: 7 almonds
Lunch: 2 corn tortillas, 1 cheese square, 1 oz. roast beef
Snack: 7 almonds
Dinner: 1 serving of pork and hominy stew
Dessert:  1 WW cake
Workout:  Jillian Michaels's Boost Your Metabolism

I hope you're having a happy and healthy day!

No comments: