Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today's Weigh-In

I wonder if I'll ever stop feeling nervous before I weigh in. I guess if you're like me who has had a love/hate relationship with the scale ever since senior year at high school, you're probably not ever going to stop feeling nervous about the weigh-in. I lost 3 pounds! I'm very happy with this weight loss, and I'm happy with the journey so far. I've had some stressful times already in this journey, but I'm proud and surprised also to say that I haven't given in. My past history has been bad with food. When I started teaching, I also was constantly stressed out. Once in a while I would lock myself in my room and drink a whole bottle of wine, skip dinner, and go to bed. I'm happy to say that I haven't had a drink in 6 years. I wasn't an alcoholic. I just didn't feel like I had anyone to turn to. I'm at a better place now. Working out has really helped me relieve stress and forget about the world for an hour. It's kind of nice even though I hate the trainer that I'm following at that moment. I can't wait to lose my first 10% of my weight. I wonder what purse I will buy! Maybe I need to look online. My sis got a super cute BCBG purse for Christmas from her man, and I really liked the style. I don't want the exact same one, but maybe they have other ones that are super cute.

Tuesday's Menu
1 Nature's Harvest Breakfast Mix
7 almonds
Teriyaki chicken and rice
7 almonds
sushi and tempura veggies

Dr. Oz's Weight Loss Rule #3: Snack Smart
"You want to diet smart, not hard. Part of that is having single-serving nutritious snacks on hand at all times to prevent a diet slip. Try substituting your favorite snack foods with healthier alternatives like wasabi peas, soy nuts, frozen grapes, blueberries and dried pineapple (not the kind coated in sugar!)."


I hope you're having a happy and healthy day!



1 comment:

Alysha said...

I really like your idea for when you lose a certain amount. Giving yourself a prize. I told my boyfriend that once i lose 20 lbs he needs to think of something special to do for me or get me. And i think i may have him do that for all of my weight goals lol. But i really like the purse idea maybe when i lose 50 lbs i will go buy myself a LV or a Chanel bag who knows i just gotta stay motivated!