Monday, April 19, 2010

Breaking Through

Today I am thankful for this wall.
It has opened my eyes.

I hated this wall.
It was in the way.
I hit it and fell hard on my butt last week.
I visualized myself breaking through this wall.
I thought about walking around it. (Picture me with a gallon of rocky road ice cream, a large order of cheesey carne asada drizzled nachos, and a HUGE raspberry blue Slurpee in front of the TV watching 24.)
Yeah, I knew how to live it up back in the day.
It would've been so easy to go back to that.
We've all been there, right?
Not this time for me.
I refuse to give up.
I'm done wearing my fat suit.
I'm trading it in for a leaner, healthier me.
So I'm breaking through this wall. It'll take some time, but I'm doing it.
I weighed myself on Saturday, and I lost 1.5 pounds.
I'm very happy about this loss.
My running has been paying off.
My scale has made a difference.
You can do this too.
It's a slow process.
Didn't putting on all this weight take a while too?
I didn't just wake up with an extra 45 pounds on my body one day.
It was one bag of chips and fries at a time. (And boy, were they good.)
I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and tell you that I still don't have those cravings.
I do.
I set aside one day a week to have whatever I want.
I've become smarter about that day too.
I binged on so much junk on some of those "special days" that I went running to the porcelain throne at 2 a.m. the next day.
My body has been rejecting the greasy, fried food. We're talking about cramping and sweating.
Now I think really hard about the junk I put in my body that day.
I haven't thrown up whatever I've eaten that day in a while. I guess I'm learning.
This is all a learning process.
I'm learning to love myself a little more each day.
Have you started this journey?
Have you started loving yourself a little more each day through the choices you make?

Thank you to my newest readers and followers.
Thank you to those who have been reading and following me for a while. Your words inspire me.

Today's Food and Activities
40 minute run
Day 1 of Week 1 P90X (I'll be posting my Day 1 pic soon.)
1 cup Go Lean cereal, 1/2 cup 1% milk
7 almonds
grilled chicken and veggies
1 apple
7 almonds
grilled chicken, veggies, 1/2 cup white rice

Have a happy and healthy day!

5 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

Great work and fantastic mind set. You are getting so close!

Debbie said...

Congrats you are doing great. I love the colors on your blog.

Liz said...

Thank you for sharing this journey with us. I am sick of wearing my fat suit, too and found my way over here looking for good meal plans to help. You're awesome! Keep grinding it out and melting it off!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! If you need motivation, stop by my blog Fitness Achievement

You can also see how getting fit can earn you money

Girlie said...

You probably don't even know that the line "You can do this too" really hit me! I can do this. I can do this.