Monday, April 12, 2010

A Brick Wall


I feel like I've hit a brick wall with my weight loss.
People usually call it a "plateau."
I knew it would come, but I didn't expect it so soon.
I didn't lose as much as I expected and/or wanted to lose from last week's efforts.
In fact, I only lost 1/2 a pound.
I've asked myself,
"What did I do wrong?."
Did I overindulge last weekend for Easter? Probably.
Did I not work out enough these past few days?  Maybe.
Has my body gotten used to the workouts I've been doing?  Possibly.
Am I eating enough on my "clean" days? Absolutely.
Am I drinking enough water?  Yes.
With all that running through my head,
I've decided to:
*continue my running programs
*continue lifting weights
*continue working on my abs
*continue walking with the twins
*start doing yoga twice a week for flexibility and weight loss.
*start P90X 
Maybe the muscle confusion will help.

I am thankful that I did lose weight from last week.
It's a small loss, but it's better than a gain.
I know I'll get to my goal weight eventually.
I just have to believe that I can and be relentless in my efforts.
In the past when I hit these "walls," I often felt very discouraged.
It's usually the time I decide to give up and say things like,
"Why am I even trying?."
No more of that thinking for me.
I'm tired of being fat.
I'm tired of being "tired." 
I'm doing this for myself.
I'm doing this for my family.
I'm doing this because my life has and will continue to be more  enjoyable  and  worthwhile.
I CAN and I WILL do this.

A big thank you for those who have been supporting me, and welcome to my new followers and readers.

Today's Food and Activities
41 minutes run/walk program
yoga
abs
upper body with free weights
1 cup Go Lean cereal, 1/2 cup 1% milk
7 almonds
WW Salisbury Steak and potatoes
1 apple
7 almonds
Lean Cuisine pizza
1 WW cake

Have a happy and healthy day!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

1/2 lb is great, any loss is great. You can and will do this just like so said...

Girlie said...

Hi M! Oh plateau's. I wish they'd go take a flying leap off a building.

I am a huge Jillian Michael's fan and I was reading one of her newsletters the other day and she said that everyone, EVERYONE, will one day hit a plateau. She said that you can re-evaluate your diet (maybe you are eating too LITTLE and your body is holding the calories, or maybe eating too much) or maybe you need to increase your cardio. If you are eating exactly what is needed for your body to lose weight and you are already following a workout plan that is good for you, just be patient, in 2-ish weeks, your body will start to drop weight again.

Speaking of Biggest Loser, I swear one season, Tara, didn't lose any weight for like 3 weeks. Keep up the good work! It'll come. You are a huge inspiration. :)

MissHaneefa said...

Who knows maybe you had something that was saltier than usual? Drink water! That always solves my problems. Don't worry you areso close!

LeeLee said...

WOW!!! Did this hit home! I have been feeling like this lately. I know what my problem is...I need to add in more time for working out and may need to reevaluate my food plan!! Thank you for this post, this is exactly what I have been feeling since my trip to FL!!! Keep it up!!!

LeeLee said...

Oh Wait you are starting P90X?!?!?!? You go Girl! I did that 2 summers ago & had great results. No, I was no way near as cut as the women in the commercials but, did well. If you stick to a great meal plan you are going to be AMAZED!!! Good Luck!!! :D