Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gratitude


My husband and I recently read an article together about gratitude.
We were reminded how important it is.
We learned that by simply being thankful for your blessings (big and small)
*helps you have a better outlook
*decreases stress levels
*improves your relationships with others
One way to remember to be thankful is to write in a journal every day about something you are thankful for.
Since this is a kind of journal for me, my weight loss, and life, I will begin here.
Today I am thankful for my 21 month old twins.
They are such blessings in our lives.
No matter how bad my day is I can look at them and feel how much Heavenly Father loved me to let me borrow these little miracles.

Today's Food and Activities
37 minutes run/walk program
(6 min. run, 2 min. walk)
45 minutes walk with twins
20 minutes abs
30 minutes upper body with free weights
1 light Activia yogurt
1 whole wheat english muffin, 1 TBS B&B spread, 4 slices tomatoes, 2 oz. lean ham
7 almonds
1 turkey patty, 1 cup green beans
1 apple
2 oz. linguine with clams in light broth sauce

 
What are you thankful for?

Have a happy and healthy day!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This was a great post. I am thankful for my family and this beautiful spring day we are having today. Also for the fact that I am healthy and losing weight.

Jennifer said...

I think the gratitude section of your posts is absolutely wonderful! It is such a positive moment for everyone to be part of. Sometimes life gets busy and we forget to be thankful. And I dont want to forget! If you dont mind I think I may add it to my blog too? Well done :)

Jennifer
http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/