Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gratitude


My husband and I recently read an article together about gratitude.
We were reminded how important it is.
We learned that by simply being thankful for your blessings (big and small)
*helps you have a better outlook
*decreases stress levels
*improves your relationships with others
One way to remember to be thankful is to write in a journal every day about something you are thankful for.
Since this is a kind of journal for me, my weight loss, and life, I will begin here.
Today I am thankful for my 21 month old twins.
They are such blessings in our lives.
No matter how bad my day is I can look at them and feel how much Heavenly Father loved me to let me borrow these little miracles.

Today's Food and Activities
37 minutes run/walk program
(6 min. run, 2 min. walk)
45 minutes walk with twins
20 minutes abs
30 minutes upper body with free weights
1 light Activia yogurt
1 whole wheat english muffin, 1 TBS B&B spread, 4 slices tomatoes, 2 oz. lean ham
7 almonds
1 turkey patty, 1 cup green beans
1 apple
2 oz. linguine with clams in light broth sauce

 
What are you thankful for?

Have a happy and healthy day!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

This was a great post. I am thankful for my family and this beautiful spring day we are having today. Also for the fact that I am healthy and losing weight.

nesscake said...

I just read your fantastic post here. I am re posting it on Facebook Fan Page. It seems like we are both fans of the attitude: “Gratitude is good for you.” Grateful Nation is an online community that gives grateful people the opportunity and resources to connect, give back, and be thankful. Jump into the unending cycle of gratitude here at Grateful Nation Thank you, Vanessa

Jennifer said...

I think the gratitude section of your posts is absolutely wonderful! It is such a positive moment for everyone to be part of. Sometimes life gets busy and we forget to be thankful. And I dont want to forget! If you dont mind I think I may add it to my blog too? Well done :)

Jennifer
http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/