Monday, April 5, 2010

Like Butter, Baby!



Last Saturday, I weighed myself, and I lost 1 pound.
This is going to sound a little selfish and ungrateful, but I was a little disappointed.
I think I was disappointed because I've been running again, and I just really wanted to lose a little more.
I didn't want to feel that way about this success, so I took a picture of a pound of butter (4 sticks) to get a "better picture" of what I truly lost.
I feel much better about it today.
I should be proud of my accomplishments so far.
I've earned it!
Last week, I worked out 5 days and ran 4 days.
Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think I could be running to lose weight and get in shape.
Today I ran for six minutes four times with a quick walk for two minutes in between.
I couldn't believe how much energy I had.
I really think I can run the 5K in November if I keep this up.
I wasn't excited about working out last week, but I still did it anyway.
Thank you for supporting me and putting up with my occasional blues.

The next time you lose "only" one pound, please remember that's FOUR STICKS OF BUTTER!

Today's Food and Activities
37 minutes run/walk program
(6 min. run, 2 min. walk)
Day 1 Shred Level 2
20 minutes abs
30 minutes upper body with free weights
1 light Activia yogurt
1 whole wheat english muffin, 1/2 oz lowfat cream cheese, chives, 4 slices tomatoes, 2 oz. lean turkey
7 almonds
1 turkey patty, 1 cup green beans cooked in Pam
7 almonds
4 oz. Thai lemon grass sirloin pork stirfry, 1/2 cup brown rice
I received a Thai cookbook from my sis A for my birthday, and I've been loving learning how to cook Thai food! It's also super easy to calculate the points because it's mostly herbs and veggies. I just basically count the oil, peanuts (if any), and lean meat! It also gives me a chance to eat white rice (which is my love and number 1 enemy). If you haven't tried Thai food, then you're really missing out on healthy stuff! It's one of the healthy foods my hubby LOVES to eat with me!

Have a happy and healthy day!

3 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

Thai food is the absolute best food! Keep up the great work with the running! Hopefully I will be "4 sticks of butter"lighter by the end of the week!

MissHaneefa said...

HOpefully, I am not all talk and I do as many of the things on my list as possible. As far as music goes, I like songs that are up beat, Lady Gaga, Rhianna, Beyonce, I know you like Black Eyed Peas, they are also one of my faves anything by them get me in the mood to work up a sweat!

Erika Jean said...

I would LOVE to lose 4 sticks of butter!

You go girl!