Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Running In the Dark


I woke up this morning at 4 a.m.
It was still dark.
Very dark, in fact.
This is the earliest I have ever woke up in my life to work out.
Trust me, it probably won't happen again any time soon.
I had to get up early for my 3 mile run because my husband had to get to work early this morning.
Let me tell you that it was hard.
It would've been so easy to stay in bed.

My run went great!
I wrapped my knee really well, and I didn't really have any pain.
I'm currently icing it right now just in case it starts to swell again.
It looked great before my run.
It was in the low 80's when I went out for my outdoor run.
There was a slight breeze that gently kissed my sweaty face.
I loved it.
After not running for four days, I was reminded how good it feels to get your heart
racing and your muscles going.
I never thought I would ever feel that way about exercise.
Who knew it could feel so good?

I made a mistake yesterday and told you that I was going to work on arms.
It's supposed to happen today.
So today, I'm working on arms and core work.
I'm laying off leg work, since my knee is still healing.

Today's Food
3 Triscuits (before run)
1/2 cup Kashi, 1/2 cup 1% milk
1 multigrain muffin, 1 TBS peanut butter
7 almonds
2 corn tortillas, 2 slices deli ham, 1 diced tomato and red onion
3 Triscuits and 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge
small serving of chicken carbonara with peas

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and well wishes.
Thanks to my loyal follwers and readers.
Welcome to the newest followers and readers!

 
Have a happy and healthy day!

2 comments:

Lucy K said...

I have been running at 9:30 or 10:00 at night. I just run up and down my street and I love it. The hot sun is not beaming down on me and I agree that breeze feels amazing.
Congrats on your journey, you have done a fantastic job!

Amberly said...

Wow M! I just checked into your blog to see how you are doing. I am so proud of you. You look amazing. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me. Unfortunately... I side tracked myself.. but I'm thankful for those of you who share your journey... it encourages me to keep trucking along. Now I get to go back and read some of your past entries I missed :o)
Have a great day!
~Amberly