Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vaseline, My New Friend

Vaseline has become my new friend...
against chafing when I run!
I generously apply it around my armpits and where I wear my ipod case.
I learned a hard lesson about chafing and how much it hurt when I don't "lube" before a run.
That was the first time I ran 7 miles.
It's been a while ago now, but I still have a scar by my right armpit.

There are products out there specifically for preventing chafing, but a runner friend of mine suggested I use Vaseline. It's cheaper. You can even buy a generic brand from the 99 cent store!

Today's Food
1 multigrain toast, 1/2 TBS honey
1 cup Kashi, 1/2 cup 1% milk
1 cup udon noodles, shrimp, and veggies
1 orange
grilled chicken breast and veggies

Have a happy and healthy day!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great idea!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the tip, I bet I can use it when I walk.