Thursday, May 13, 2010

Am I Crazy?


I think I've officially gone insane.
I'm signing up to do a half marathon in December.
Yes, I'm already doing the 10K in August.
Why?
I'm hooked on "running."
I can't seem to find the words to describe how I feel about running.
It feels/hurts sooo good!
Right now I can run about 4 miles nonstop.
I've been told by a friend that I don't even have to start seriously training for the half marathon until August.
I just need to continue running these shorter 3-5 mile runs.
As luck would have it, training for the 10K is a great way to kickstart the training for the half marathon.
Slow is the new fast!
I'm slowly training for the half marathon... I've got 29 weeks.
I'm super excited!


Today's Activities and Food
3 mile run
abs
1 cup Kashi Crunch, 1/2 cup nonfat milk
7 almonds
1 multigrain muffin, tomatoes, 6 slices turkey deli meat, 1 TBS B&B spread
1 apple
7 almonds
chicken roll-ups and spinach salad

Today I'm thankful for quinoa! It's a great alternative to white rice.

Welcome to my new readers and followers!
Thank you to those who have been encouraging, following, and reading me through my struggles and triumphs!

Have a happy and healthy day!

No comments: