Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Being More Active= Eating More


Yesterday afternoon I was watching TV and felt a little light-headed.
It was about 2 hours from when I had lunch, and I felt a little hungry.
I got up from the couch, and I thought I was going to collapse.
I quickly had a few slices of deli sliced roast beef and a cup of carrots.
I felt better as soon as my blood-sugar level came back to normal.

My deduction?

Yesterday I was on the bike for 35 minutes, walked 45 minutes pushing about 50 pounds (double stroller + twin toddlers @ 24 pounds each), abs 10 minutes, and lifted free weights for upper body for 30 minutes.
I don't think I ate enough to replace all the energy I spent.
That was really bad, and I do not recommend anyone make that same mistake.

I took it easy today.
I skipped my bike ride and went for an hour walk with the double stroller and worked on abs and upper body.
I feel much better today.

I'm also going to make sure I shop for some healthy snacks, so I can keep my blood-sugar normal between meals. I started walking with a group of girls who also have babies and/or toddlers last Monday. It's been fun and a great workout too. I just need to make sure I eat some healthy snacks to keep me from feeling sick again.

I'll be shopping for:
carrots
celery
oranges

Today's Activities and Food
walk 1 hr. with double stroller and twins
abs 10 minutes
upper body with free weights and push-ups 30 minutes
1/2 honey wheat english muffin, 1/2 TBS B&B spread, 4 slices tomatoes, 6 slices lean ham
7 almonds
1 regular english muffin, 1/2 TBS B&B spread, 1/4 cup nonfat cheddar, 4 slices tomatoes, 6 slices lean ham
7 almonds
1 cup raw carrots
3 oz. grilled salmon, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup sauteed green beans and garlic

Have a happy and healthy day!

No comments: