Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Staying On Track

Some days it's hard to stay on track.
My motivations to stay on track:
*no more medications
*living a longer, fuller life with hubby and twins
*more energy
*fit into my old skinny clothes
*shopping for skinnier clothes

Wednesday's Plans
33 min. run/walk program, 45 min. circuit training/cardio, 30 minute walk with double stroller
2 tortillas, 1 oz. roast beef, 1/6 cup lowfat cheese
1 Fuji apple
7 almonds
2 tortillas, 1 oz. roast beef, 1/6 cup lowfat cheese
7 almonds
2 tortillas, 2 slices lowfat cheese, 2 pieces of turkey bacon
1 cup fresh sauteed green beans with 2 tsp. olive oil

Last night I went out for "Girls' Night Out." It was fun to get together with just the girls.
I quickly realized the minute I walked into my friend's house that I was the last one to get there.
All the usual girls were already there. There were girls that I hadn't seen in a couple of months.
They all commented on how great I looked. I was happy and a little embarassed.
I didn't know what to say to them except "Thanks. I still have a ways to go!."
Do you feel embarassed when people compliment you on your weight loss?
Maybe I need to figure out how to handle this better.

I hope you're having a happy and healthy day.

2 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

I have also been embarrassed when people compliment me about my weight loss. All I can say is "Thank You". What else can you really say? But you have to be careful, some people will try and sabotage your work. "YOu are going to the gym again?" "Can't you just not go this one day?" "Why aren't you eating more?" These are all things that I have heard along my journey so far. I find that there are people that seem to be happy for you, but inside they are jealous that you are making changes to be more healthy. Sorry that this turned out so long.

Have a Great Day!

LeeLee said...

I do to feel embarrassed! I just smile, thank them kindly and tell them that they're my best friend for the compliment....why? I have no damn clue.

I'm with MissHeneefa, watch out for all your HATERS!!!!!!