Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Friendships

I come home from my running, get the twins ready for the day, and walk for an hour with some of the best women I know.
Growing up I had a 3 (girl) best friends.
We were inseparable.
Now I only speak and see one of them every few months even though we live only 20 minutes away from each other.
Even though I don't see or hear very much from her, I still consider her to be a good friend.
I'm really enjoying the friendships I've made with the four girls I've been exercising and walking with.
I've heard that "you are who you hang out with."
Well... I hope I become more like these women because they're kind-hearted, generous, and have good values.
There's nothing like a good friend.
They cheer you on when you succeed.
They cheer you up when you feel like you've failed.

Today's Activities and Food
30 minutes run/walk program
20 min abs
30 min upper body with free weights
1 hour walk with twins
1 english muffin, 1 slice turkey bacon, 2 slices tomatoes, 1 TBS B&B spread
1 Activia yogurt
7 almonds
2 small corn tortillas, 1 slice turkey bacon, 2 slices tomatoes, 1/4 cup nonfat cheddar
7 almonds
1 small serving of chicken edamame stirfry
1 apple
Have a happy and healthy day!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey I love this post. It reminds me how much a good friend can mean to you.. You know you got me hooked on almonds right.

Ellen said...

How wonderful that you have held onto your old friends. Sometimes we lose touch and it's kind of sad. Thankfully, through FB, I've gotten back in touch with some of my high school friends. I love it!