Monday, January 25, 2010

Girl's NIght Out

How was your weekend? Mine was great!

Last Friday I went out with my mom, sister, and my sister's friend for dinner and a concert of some type. I'd rather not say which it was because it would DEFINITELY tell where I'm from. I want to remain as anonymous as possible when it comes to my weight loss journey. I know, I'm a chicken. I had a lot of fun, and I even ate sensibily. For dinner I had a grilled chicken caesar salad with dressing on the side. Thank goodness the chef remembered to put it on the side because it was REALLY creamy. One trick I learned from my friend, C, was to dip my fork into the dressing before spearing into my salad for a bite. That tricks my tongue that I have a lot of dressing on my salad. It works! Have you ever tried it? Around 11 p.m., right after the concert, I dropped off my mom and headed home. Only... I forgot to take my nightly medications! One of my medications needed to be taken with food. I brought it with me for dinner, but with all the fun I was having I forgot to take it. I was driving home, and the "naughty" inside me said, "Why don't you stop by Taco Bell or somewhere and pick up a little food to take with the medicine?" Bad, bad, bad! I didn't. I went straight home, ate a "Skinny Cow Fudge Bar," (1 pt.) and took my medicine. It must have worked because I didn't have an upset stomach in the middle of the night or this morning. Yay for me!

I had a pretty busy Saturday. I finally got to do Jillian Michaels's "Boost Your Metabolism" DVD. OH. MY. GOSH. It kicked my butt. It wasn't fast paced like cardio, but it was nonstop and every move was with a purpose. I had a hard time keeping up, and I thought I should've been able to do better. Oh well... all I have is time to get better, right? Later that night me and my family got to go to a baptism and ate at a new Greek restaurant. It's probably the best Greek restaurant I have ever been to. Their hummus was extraordinary! No, I just tasted a tiny bit. I had a Pomegranite Chicken Salad. It was delicious.


Saturday's Food
Breakfast:  1/4 cup white rice, 4 oz. oriental beef stir fry (last day it would've been good)
Snack:  7 almonds
Lunch:  4 oz. chicken marsala and 2 oz. penne
Snack:  7 almonds
Dinner:  Pomegranate Chicken and Spinach Salad (Greek food is sooo yummy!)

Thank you for your kind comments on my last post. My husband and I did listen to the Dave Ramsey CD's. If you haven't heard them, you should. He gives some common sense advice, and I think we'll be using them to help out our situation. We've finally figured out what we need to do. More on that later.

Sunday's Food
Breakfast:  2 corn tortillas, 2 oz. lean roast beef, 1/6 cup shredded lowfat cheese
Snack:  7 almonds
Lunch:  2 corn tortillas, 1 oz. lean roast beef, 1/6 cup shredded lowfat cheese
Snack:  7 almonds, 1 Western Bagel and 2 TBS. fat free strawberry cream cheese
Dinner:  3 oz. salmon and 2 cups fresh green beans (sooo yummy when they're fresh)
Dessert:  1 WW cake
Sunday was great! We went to church, relaxed, went for a walk with the double stroller, and spent time as a family. I was reminded that I have so much to be grateful for. My family is healthy, the twins are developing into wonderful little individuals, my husband's work is going well, I have family and friends who love and support us. We won't be in our home forever, but that is material. Family is forever.

One more day until my weekly weigh-in! For Tuesday night, I've requested that we go out to one of the yummy Thai restaurants we've been to before.

Today's Menu:
Breakfast:  2 corn tortillas, 2 oz. lean chicken, 1/6 cup cheese, salsa
Snack:  7 almonds
Lunch:  2 corn tortillas, 2 slices of bacon, 1/6 cup cheese
Snack:  7 almonds
Dinner:  2 oz. linguine carbonara with 2 oz. pancetta

Workout:  J.M.'s "Boost Your Metabolism" and "30 Day Shred"
I may be killing myself today, but weigh-in is tomorrow.

I hope your weekend was happy and healthy!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm glad you had a fun girl's night out. I love those! It sounds like you had a great, healthy weekend!

MissHaneefa said...

Now I am so curious, how can the concert give away were you live? London? Did you go to the Celebraties for Haiti concert? Hmmmm

Amberly said...

Hey M it's A lol.... I learned the 'dip the fork in the salad dressing' thing in a WW meeting once upon a time ago... and totally love it. I love ranch dressing and didn't want to give it up... and so it truly works.... and I use 75% less dressing than I would.... I like making my own dressings now... that way I don't get any added sugars... but everynowandthen.... I go for some ranch lol (like today) ~Amberly