Monday, January 11, 2010

A Little Nervous

I will be weighing myself tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous. I lost 6 pounds the first week during the time I was really serious about losing weight. That was 7 years ago. It should be interesting now that I'm 7 years older, busier, sleep-deprived, at risk for diabetes and high cholesterol. I admit that I have a lot of challenges against my hopes of being healthy, but I know what I'm doing (eating better, working out) is A WHOLE LOT BETTER than nothing at all. "Nothing at all" was me a week ago tomorrow.

I ate pretty good for dinner. I had some chicken and rice. I stayed within my points goal of 22. I probably could've eaten more this week, but I wanted to be conservative and see how many pounds I could lose this first week.

All in all, I feel great! I had a little headache today, but I think it's just my neck. I've been in two car accidents in my life that have messed up my neck and back. I have chronic neck and shoulder pain. I've been to chiropractors, and the only technique that worked for me was NUCCA. It's a specialized chiropractic practice that doesn't involve the "popping" you normally experience with other chiros. It's just a small adjustment of your atlas (small bone at the base of your skull). It's amazing. I should probably go back and get an adjustment. Anyway, my neck and shoulders hurt any time I have to do crunches. And I've been doing so many this week! I was hoping I could put pilates into my workout, but my neck would never stand a chance.

I won't be working out tomorrow. It's my mom's birthday tomorrow, and we're all going to a buffet. Scary. I think I'll be going to the salad bar and seafood section. I indulged only once this week. That was Saturday's brownie and ice cream. Did I forget to mention that? I was at a friend's house for dinner, and I felt bad saying "no." I need to get better at that.

I'll see you all tomorrow. Good night.

1 comment:

MissHaneefa said...

I know that you can do it! Sure you are 7 years older, but you are also wiser and know your difficulties and you can work on them so that you can correct them. As for Zumba, it is a dance workout class, it is so fun. It incorporates latin dance (samba, merengue, reggaeton) some indian and arabic music. GOOD LUCK!