Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Once a Week... Do or Don't?

I have decided to change my weight loss rewards a little bit. I desperately need a haircut. My hair is down to my butt, and it isn't quite as full as it used to be before I had the twins. No, I'm not pulling my hair out when I'm having a bad day. LOL. It just got thinner as soon as I gave birth. Wierd, but true. It's also a lot more frizzy than it used to be. Oh, what we do to ourselves for the sake of motherhood! So I've decided to get my hair cut and get some highlights in the front this Friday. I'm VERY excited. It will be a nice day of pampering for me. If you'd like to see what I plan to reward myself for pounds lost, please look to the right column of my blog.

I was very happy about my 1.5 pounds loss. I was so happy that I decided to reward myself with... food. Actually, I don't look at it that way. I eat pretty healthy for breakfast and lunch, and I eat whatever I want for dinner and dessert on Tuesdays. Trainers and nutrionists would probably tell me that I would lose even more weight if I just stuck to my healthy meals throughout my entire journey, but I would be totally miserable. I don't want that for myself. Besides, I've been working out 6 days a week. I figured that if I have Tuesday night fun to look forward to, then I will be very very good Wednesday-Monday. It has worked for three weeks so far. I'll change it if it stops working for me. Once a week.. do you eat your favorite foods? Do or don't?

Yesterday I went to Krav Maga again. It was AWESOME! I learned how to get out of a situation if somebody puts me in a headlock going forward. I thought I would injure myself when my friend H and I took turns "falling" to the floor after the attacks, but I didn't. I do however have a little soreness in my neck, but it's nothing major. I have carrying Twin Girl this morning, and I noticed that my arms are starting to tone up. I can actually see a difference in my triceps and biceps. I love/hate those push-ups! I looked into Tae Kwon Do classes, and a Grand Master (9th level Black Belt) quoted me for $79 a month for lessons up to five days a week. I still don't know if that's what I want to do or continue with Krav Maga. Either one would give me a great workout, self confidence, security, and survival skills.

Today's Menu
Breakfast:  2 corn tortillas, 1/3 cup lowfat cheese, 2 oz. lean roast beef
Snack:  7 almonds
Lunch:  2 corn tortillas, 1 WW cheese square, 1 hard boil egg
Snack:  14 almonds
Dinner:  2 baked chicken drumsticks without skin, 1/2 cup fried potatos in Pam spray
Dessert:  1 WW cake, 3 Clementines
Workout: Jillian Michaels "Trouble Zones"

I'll see you all here tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's a little tip I read from the Dr. Oz website.

How Can We Satisfy Sudden Food Cravings in a Healthy Way?
Dr. Oz answers...
"There will be times when you can't always control your hormone levels—when ghrelin (the hormone that signals hunger) outslugs your leptin (the hormone that signals fullness), and you feel hungrier than a lion on a bug-only diet. One of the ways is to develop a list of emergency foods to satisfy you when cravings get the best of you—things like V8, a handful of nuts, pieces of fruit, cut-up vegetables, or even a little guacamole."

Have a happy and healthy day!

3 comments:

liveLAUGHsing. said...

first, thanks for the tips on the eating slower..unfortunately i ate my lunch in the car today and just gobbled it down! but i'm going to FOCUS when i eat my dinner tonight!

as for eating desserts and Tuesday dinners.. I think its a good idea! I've heard that if you cut out any kind of junk, sweats all together you crave them MORE and then when you get your hand on them you just eat eat eat, whereas since you KNOW you will get dessert or a whatever you want dinner on Tuesday, you will be less likely to crave and it will also make you make better choices the other days because you know your TUESDAY is coming right up! As long as your DINNER isn't a whole pizza, a bag of oreos, and a 6-pack of beer.. i think you'll be just fine! :)
also..i wonder if there is some Krav Maga in my area?! Sounds fun!

much love <3

MissHaneefa said...

It is always fun to get your hair done. As for treats during the week, I try not to because it starts a vicious cycle.

Amberly said...

If it works for you... then it works. After I weigh in on Tuesday I have some kind of treat. I remember a few years back I was watching an episode of the biggest loser and one of the trainers said they let the contestants have something higher in calories after their weigh in as something to look forward to. One of the contestants made mac -n- cheese. Even though I had a gain this week I still had something. I went out and had some mexican food which is one of my faves. I did pretty well... it's just higher calories than I'm use to.