Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Little at a Time

I was scared to go on my scale this morning. Why? It could be because of
*my mom's birthday dinner last Tuesday
*late night dinner after Krav Maga class on Wednesday
*Saturday night's "date night" extravaganza with  a delicious apple tart and caramel drizzled vanilla ice cream

The outcome? 2 pounds lost! Woohoo! I was shocked. I'm so happy. I can even admit I feel "lighter" somehow. I worked out 6 out of 7 days last week!

Monday: cardio bootcamp 1 hr.
Tuesday:  free weights for 1 hr.
Wednesday:  Krav Maga 1 hr. and free weights 1 hr.
Thursday:  body sculpt 1 hr.
Friday:  Bosu 1 hr.
Saturday:  30 min. treadmill and 30 min. elliptical
Sunday:  rest!!!

I'm enjoying working out. I even wake up excited to see how much I can push myself and "feel" it come off as I work out. I hope this feeling stays with me throughout this journey. I just purchased Jillian Michaels' 3 set DVD yesterday. I can't wait to get them in the mail because I know they're gonna kick my butt. This blog has really helped me stay accountable. One of the best parts is... it's FREE! I did some serious thinking and praying lately. I've changed my goal weight to 120 pounds. Why the change? I checked my BMI, and it would be at a healthier (not on the cusp) range if I lost an extra five pounds. I know it'll be a harder challenge, but I think I'm up to it. I also checked my fat ratio. At 163 pounds, it was at 50%. That's right. I double and triple checked. It's crazy. Today? It's 42% . It's still bad, but I lost 8% body fat in two weeks. That's quite an accomplishment for me. At 163 pounds, I was considered obese. I never knew that. I've now lost 7 pounds. I'm now under the "overweight" range. I can't look back anymore. I have my husband and my twins to look forward to every day. You can do it too.

What kinds of workouts do you do? How do you stay motivated?

Have a happy and healthy day!

3 comments:

Bowmanh23 said...

I do Jenny McCarthy's Your Shape on the Wii Fit. It really pushes you. I just bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I haven't tried it yet, but I heard it was hard. Congrats on losing 2 pounds!

MissHaneefa said...

Hey! For motivation, I do anything that is challenging, I love classes that have dance components, as well as spinning.
I just wanted you to know that I gave you an award on my blog, check it out.

www.blackgirlgetsfit.blogspot.com

Alysha said...

Way to go on the work out from That is super super awesome. Make sure you don't push your self two hard and get burnt out. Keep it up girl.

BTW you are going to love the jillian michaels DVD it is going to kick your butt i have the 30 day shred and i have no more trouble zones i haven't tried the no more trouble zones but i love love love the 30 day shred.