Monday, January 11, 2010

No More Apologies

I have figured out after just one week that I'm bad at posting during the weekend. I have decided that I won't post at all or even attempt to on the weekends. It's too hard. I have the twins, family, possibly a date night, church, etc. So I won't.

I will tell you this. Even though my stepkids were here and stressed me out the last two hours of their visit, I did GREAT! It could be because I hardly saw much of them. They were either outside or in their rooms playing with all of the Christmas presents they received from my side of the family.

I ate really healthy. I didn't go over my points, and I wasn't hungry! I don't remember how long it took me to stop feeling hungry when I was successful with Weight Watchers. I know this time that the hunger came for 3 days and so did my headaches. I think it was because I was eating so much sugar and carbs the days before I started this challenge.

So far today, I've eaten:
2 corn tortillas
1 egg yolk and 2 egg whites
7 almonds
tons of water

I plan on having 4.5 oz. of chicken with 2 tortillas, 2 Tbsp. light sour cream, salsa, and sugar free punch for lunch.
Dinner (with 7 almonds 30 min. before) will be chicken stir-fry and a SMALL portion of white rice. I'm planning on eating more veggies than rice. It keeps me fuller!

GREAT TIP:  I'm readng Dr. Oz's You on a Diet, and he suggests that eating a handful of nuts or a slice of whole grain bread 30 min. before having lunch or dinner will keep you "full" enough to where you don't gorge yourself at your meal. That's a problem I've had in the past. Have you ever heard yourself or anyone else say, "I'm starving! I can't wait to eat." right before lunch or dinner? I know I have! That's me!  Dr. Oz is a genius! It totally makes sense.

I was so excited to work out today that I worked out for 2 hours! I know every day will not be like this, but I just wanted to share that with you. I did a workout inspired by an Indian dance. I DVR'd it from FitTV. I love that network. After one hour of that, I did an "Allstar workout" from FitTV again (one sculpting).

I feel great! One of the perks of blogging about this challenge is that it's free! I didn't have to pay money for a meeting or membership where others track my progress. I'm in charge, and you hold me accountable. Thank you for reading about me.

I weight myself tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!
Have a healthy day!

1 comment:

LeeLee said...

Ummmm Stir Fry! I had that last night for dinner and I did the same thing, had a little bit of rice, it was all I need to feel full! I am still catching up in your Blog! Which I enjoy very much! Take care!