Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No More Buffets for a While... A Long While

Yesterday was my mom's 59th birthday. She looks great for her age. We're blessed with great genes. Wrinkles don't come along until you're in your 40's. Lucky for me, I've still got a few years until that happens.  For a very long time I always thought my mom was 38. She never got older than that. I don't know why. I'm looking forward to my birthday this year. It's February 25. I have a lot to celebrate. I'm feeling confident that I'll be at least another 5 pounds lighter by then.

Last night we went to an Asian buffet. Let me just tell you it took a LOT of will power to stay away from white rice and noodles. I salovated at the sight of fried rice. I had some pot stickers, shrimp, crab, and LOTS of sauteed green beans. Actually, I ate about 2 cups of green beans BEFORE I touched the rest of stuff on my plate. Did I mention how difficult it is to eat with the twins? I have to remind myself to get a separate plate for them. Otherwise, I don't see what I've put in my mouth. It's very easy to overeat too because you're doing too many things to pay attention to your eating.

I found a healthy breakfast that I like! It's quite filling, and it's only 5 points!
2 corn tortillas:  2 points
2 oz. light roast beef deli slices:  2 points
1/6 cup of cheddar cheese:  1 point

I'm planning on having the same for lunch.
2 corn tortillas: 2 points
2 oz. light roast beef deli slices: 2 points
1/6 cup of cheddar cheese: 1 point

I'm trying out a new class tonight. It's called "Krav Maga." It's an Israeli self defense course. I'm not planning on taking future classes. I just wanted to see what my friend is so excited about. She loves it so much that she became an instructor. I think it's great that she found something that keeps her mind and body in shape that she loves.
 
I'm at my mom's house again, so I don't have my workout equipment. I saw that my old weights are still here, so I think I'm going to go and do some toning and strengthening exercises for 30 minutes. I'm sure Krav Maga is going to kick my butt tonight. I expect it to. I'm excited, but I'm also a little scared. I hope I don't hurt myself. I'll let you know how it goes.
 
Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. It means a lot to me. I hope you're having a happy and healthy day!

No comments: